Saturday, June 26, 2010

Birthday Lillies and cards

Good morning folks, sorry no post for a day or so, been back having another op on my mouth. I really thought all that was over last year, but the problem spread so there was no option. Still rather sore with the stitches so not a lot of talking from my end.......what a relief for my whole household I hear them say.

So a bit of a catch up on what I should have posted yesterday along with today's postings so this might be a bit of a long one. First up is this weeks new Polkadoodle's challenge where it's my turn to host the theme and I am going with "Something for a Boy" as it's Birthday time in our house this weekend, today it's my hubby's, myself and Grandson's tomorrow and Monday one of our granddaughters, nothing like cramming them all in together is there.

I have crated a card for my daughter to give to our grandson using the Paper Boutique CD. The template is all designed for you and even coloured, all you have to do is print it off, cut it out and layer it up, easy peasy. I printed a few extra stars, added some eyelets and fibres to the spine and stickles to the stars.

Next a reminder about our new Penny Black at Allsorts challenge which kicks off on Thursday. If you have not already been over and added your name to make sure you don't miss anything what are you waiting for, there will be super prizes from Penny Black themselves and one or two other exciting things lined up as well........I will be doing a post on the challenge blog in the next day or so to tell you a bit more about that.

And finally our brand new weekly challenge at Allsorts where it's the lovely Kirsten's turn to host the theme where she would like us to use "Embossing" on our projects.

I have used Hero Arts K5393 Lily Silhouette as my main image which I stamped with versamark and embossed with detail clear onto a piece of red cardstock which I had stamped with Hero H2364 Old French Writing using Tim Holtz distress ink soot black, then bleached out the image.

The spotty DP is from Cosmo Cricket and the cream panel was run through the Big Shot using a Cuttlebug embossing folder. The swirls are from a Sizzix die and the flower made with punches and the beady leaves are from Magnolia. Finally ribbon threaded down one side........don't ask me why, but whenever I use ribbon like this I think of French Follies.......I think it must be the basque image.

No comments:

Post a Comment