Monday, June 7, 2010

Lady's Day at Ascot (my card - not the motley crew)

Good afternoon peeps, hope you all had a good weekend. Mine seems to have gone by all too quickly, but I did have a wonderful day Saturday at Sir Stampalot and above is a picture of myself with some of the girls who joined Chris and I for a day of crafting.......it might be fairer to say a bit of crafting, a lot of talking, some yummy food and a glass of French bubbles as well.........it had to be done.

Unfortunately some girls had left before the cameras came out, it would have been lovely to have everyone included, but another time and judging by the messages I have received it's likely to be repeated. I want to say a huge thanks to all of you, several of you travelled quite a distance to join us and it really was lovely to spend time with you all.

I also have two cards to share with you today. The first using a new stamp that just happened to fall my way at Stampalot at the weekend and when I saw the theme of "Summer" at Stamping for the Weekend I immediately though Ladies Day at Ascot, the highlight of the Summer race calendar which also fits Our Creative Corner which is "Summer Inspiration". I used the sketch from this weeks Secret Crafter plus it is also my entry for Daring Cardmakers, a new one for me, but when I saw on Lyda's blog that the theme was the birthstone for June of "Pearls", I had to enter as I am a June girl.

The image on this card is called Sophia which I stamped with versamark black and embossed with detail clear, added a little watercolour, decoupaged her hat and gave her a pearl necklace and earrings. The PD is Papermania punched with Martha Stewart embossed scallop, some Sizzix swirls and roses and leaves to embellish.

My second card is for this weeks Penny Black challenge which would like to see "Swirls" and also Cupcake challenge which has the theme "Dazzle Us". The main image is Penny Black 4042K daisy fields inked with Tim Holtz barn door and Marvy pens and spritzed with water before stamping. The circle is cut through the Big Shot with a Marianne stencil and the swirls are from the same set. The gorgeous glittered sparkly DP is My Minds Eye, the flower is Magnolia, some pearls, punched leaves and butterflies and gems added to the thorax. The sentiment is from an unmounted set I won and have no idea of the make.

No comments:

Post a Comment