Monday, June 14, 2010

Bloggers lost the plot

Oh my goodness, the weekend just disappeared and apart from the footie.......best forget that one and look forward to Friday, for the sake of Robert Green if nobody else....I got very little done.

Yesterday was spent trying to resolve my blogger problems but I'm still no further forward. For the last week or so I have needed to sign in to every blog I visit, that's a pain in itself and then the last few days my dashboard is only showing up the odd new post, so the only way I have been able to visit people is by literally trawling round and that's very much trial and error who I stumble across.

I thought the answer would be to change to the new Blogger layout that's being pushed our way.........was that a nightmare or what and at one point I lost my blog completely and the backup I had stored was not recognised. Somehow I retrieved it, but now I have a problem with my old sidebar which has embedded itself into the html and no longer visible so I can't remove it and it overrides the new layout so new and old merge and look a right mess. So I am back to the old layout and doing everything the hard way still. A glass of something strong in on the cards before I have another bash at it....I know it's only lunchtime, but needs must.

Two cards to share today, the first one above is using one of my new Penny Black slapstick stamps, I so love these little girl images. This one is Penny Black 40-024 rain or shine stamped with versafine black and embossed with detail clear and coloured with copics and decoupaged with three layers. The DP is October Afternoon, the flower and gem leaves are Magnolia and the swirls Marianne Designs. This card is for the following challenges:

Pile It On "Summer Showers
Penny Black Saturday - Sketch
Our Creative Corner - "Gotcha Cornered"
Ooh La La Creations - "Flourishes and pearls"

For my second card I have used another stamp from Penny Black 3932K Japanese maple for the main image and 3857H footnote down the side of the card. The background for the main image was created by masking lines across the card and round the border, then sponging Tim Holtz bundled sage and tumbled glass and liberally spritzing with Glimmer Mist pearl to subdue the colours and blend them.

I removed the diagonal masks but not the border ones before stamping the leaf image using Versafine majestic blue and embossing with iridescent powder. After embossing I removed the border masks to reveal a white border. Eyelets and cord threaded down the side and a sentiment PB 3419D to finish. This card is for the following challenges:

Cupcake - "One for the Boys"
Rosie D's "Blue and or Fish"

Back to the other man in my life now, Mr Blogger and see if I can tame him into submission, otherwise my blog may be heading south quicker than I hoped.

No comments:

Post a Comment