Saturday, June 5, 2010

Strawberries and Cream


A sweet treat I cooked up for crafty research, calorie free of course

Here in the Cambridgeshire Fens, the arrival of strawberries in late May is always an eagerly awaited event in the produce calendar. Although you can buy them year round in supermarkets, there is nothing to beat the flavour as they come straight off the plant.....I should know I was brought up with them and thought nothing of being in the fileld at 4.30am for the start of the picking day for the six week season.
So I have chosen the theme of Strawberries and Cream for my theme week at Allsorts and have come up with two pictures as inspiration for your projects this week. You don't have to have strawberries on your work, but I would like you to draw your colour combo from the pictures.


I created my first card using purely the colour scheme as my inspiration, however my hubby thought I had totally lost the plot and asked where the strawberries were, so I made a second card with a couple of baskets of shrinky ones - OK Lou - for those of you who don't know, she's the queen of cream shrink plastic and believe me Lou, I needed a magnifying glass for these.

So the card above has a little scene created with Sarah Kay farm girl, masked and decoupaged with a Magnolia fence, Hobby Art tree and Art Impression birds, grass and flowers. The strawberries are also Magnolia and the baskets from Sarah Kay stamps.
The second card which was my first effort used Hero Arts CG185 elegant weeds stamped onto a background distressed with Tim Holtz worn lipstick and stickles added to the flower heads. The resist background was created stamping Inkadinkao 9718 with versamark, embossing with detail clear and distressing with the same TH ink. The sentiment is from Hero Arts CG198 whatever, a piece of corrugated card to add some texture and a punched flower spritzed with Glimmer Mist tattered rose.
Wedding pictures tomorrow !!

No comments:

Post a Comment